- Hilton Head Island
VolunteerThe Boys & Girls Clubs of the Lowcountry provides a variety of opportunities for volunteers. We are grateful for everyone's time and talent as volunteers help provide an enriching environment for club members. We are also happy to help coordinate group projects for civic clubs, churches and corporations. A partial list of volunteer needs includes:
With the kids:
- Day for Kids – September – This is a day during which Boys & Girls Clubs across the nation celebrate children and recruit new members.
- Holiday Parties – December – Come share the joy of the season.
- Summer Games/Programs – June, July, August – all of the clubs come together to compete in soccer, basketball, track & field sports – and an academic/sports Games Day competition throughout the state of South Carolina.
- Leadership/Career Launch Mentors.
- Passport to Manhood/Smart Moves Mentor/Speaker volunteers.
- Boys & Girls Club Week – each Club site has various activities.
- Power Hour: Tutors are needed in every academic subject.
- Special Events: Volunteers are always needed at the special events such as golf tournaments, galas, donor receptions and so forth.
- Ongoing volunteer needs include: chaperones, coaches, canteen help, garden program help and so forth.
To support the after school, summer camp and youth sports:
- Fundraising and special events – support the administrative staff with various tasks or serve on a committee.
- Maintenance – help repair and refresh our facilities.
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete a Volunteer Application.
Volunteer processing and assignments are managed by each individual location. Feel free to call or stop by the location that interests you.
Individual Application: Those who wish to volunteer on a regular basis must pass a background check. Volunteers will not be allowed to work with children until the check is complete. The background check requires the application be filled out completely – including your social security number.
Group Volunteer Application: Groups who wish to volunteer on a one-time or occasional basis do not need to complete individual volunteer applications. The group application must be submitted well in advance to ensure there is enough work for the group. Groups that are flexible with the date they wish to volunteer will have more options for projects.
Please bring the completed application to the location at which you wish to volunteer.
For more information, please call the Resource Development team at (843) 379-5430.
Birdies for CharityContact our Resource Development team for information at 843-379-5430 x233
Join a Club or Pay Membership FeesThe Boys & Girls Clubs of the Lowcountry has five clubs in Beaufort and Jasper Counties including: Beaufort, Bluffton, Hilton Head Island, Jasper and Sheldon.
Make a GiftYour gift is an investment in hope in the lives and futures of our community’s children.
VolunteerYour time and talent is a priceless gift as it enhances and expands the lives of club members.
Latest NewsRead how the clubs and its programs are impacting its club members, their families and our community.